7 Questions with Mountaineer Mom Sophie Helenek
"Raising our baby girl is our new Everest."
You can call Sophie Helenek many things: a recovering investment banker, the youngest French woman to climb Mount Everest, and—as of 2013—a mother. But having her daughter wasn't going to terminate Helenek's six-year love affair with climbing. We caught up with Helenek via email to talk about staying active during pregnancy, exploring with babies, and her book series written for infants.
- How did you make the decision to start a family?
- How did you stay active and fit during your pregnancy?
- Has it been difficult to get back into shape since having the baby?
- Describe the process of writing your books.
- How do you incorporate books into parenting?
- As an adult, what books do you enjoy? - Do you encourage your daughter to lead an active, adventurous life?
read more on http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/the-current/the-stream/Mountaineer-Sophie-Helenek.html