Annapurna Trek Itinerary
- Drive from Pokhara to Phedi
- Phedi to Pothana: The trail climbs through Dhampus from where you will start to get a splendid view of the Annapurma range, and then gradually ascends a forested trail paved with stones. There is a short steep climb to Pothana at 1,890m
- Pothana - Landruk: The trail climbs through forest to a clearing on top of the hill at 2010m, where there are views of Annapurna South and Hiunchuli. From there make a steep decent, through forests alive with birds, ferns and orchids into a huge side canyon of the Modi Khola. From here it's an easy walk, past fields, a school before the trail drops a bit to the flagstone streets of Landruk, a Gurung village at 1,565m.
- Landruk to New Bridge: The narrow trail to the sanctuary turns north up the Modi Khola valley passing alongside rice terraces then through forests and a short walk up the river bed leads to New Bridge (1,340m).
- New Bridge to Chommrong: A stiff climb leads to Jhinudanda (1,780m) and from the trial continues to climb steep uphill along a treeless ridge to Taulung at 2180m. A short distance from Taulung, the trail rounds a bend and enters the upper part of Chhommrong at 2,170m.
- Chommrong - Bamboo: Leaving Chommrong, the trail descends on a stone staircase and crosses the Chommrong Khola. Climbing high above the Modi Khoa on it's west bank, the trail passes through the tiny settlement of Tilche in forests of bamboo, rhododendron and oak. The trail continues in rhododendron forests, climbing to Khuldigar at 2,540m. It is then a short distance on a muddy trail to Bamboo at 2,335m.
- Bamboo to Dovan: The trail climbs steeply through stands of bamboo, then through rhododendron forest up the side of the canyon, occasionally dropping slightly to cross tributary streams. Trail cleared up shotly before Dovan at 2,505m
- Dovan to Deurali: Trail ascending continuously to Hinko. The trail crosses a ravine and a major avalanche track just beyond Hinku, then climbs through large boulders. About half an hour beyond Hinku is Deurali at 3,200m.
- Deurali - Machhapuchhre Base Camp
- Machhapuchre Base Camp (MBC) up to Singu Chuli Base Camp (cave camp) - sleep at MAC: From Machhapuchre base camp cross the rubble - strewn snout of the South Annapurna Glacier and follow the Modi Khola on its true right bank until it is joined by a tributary stream from the West Annapurna Glacier. Follow this north - west over moraines and grassy meadows to a rock overhang before the snout of the West Annapurna Glacier
Above Deurali, the valley widens and becomes less steep and you can see the gates to the sanctuary. As the trail continues into the sanctuary, it crosses two wide avalanche tracks on a narrow trail that huddles up against the cliffs. The trail then descends to meet the Modi Khola and follows the river to Bagar at 3300meters. From there cross a moraine and a stream and finally reaches Machhapuchre Base Camp at 3,700m.
- Machhapucharee Base Camp to Annapurna Base Camp: It's an about two hour climb to Annapurna base camp (ABC) 4,130m. Once at ABC, I will do an acclimatization hike up to 4800m, to back down and sleep at ABC
- Annapurna Base Camp up to Tharpu Chuli Camp: Acclimatization hike to Tharpu Chuli Camp at 5,230m. Sleep at Annapurna Base Camp to consolidate a good acclimatization. (after being sick , I want to take it easy and rebuild my acclimatization if needed)
- Annapurna Base Camp to Chomrong
- Chomrong to Naya Pul: On the way down will d a detour to Poon, stunning view point.
- Naya Pul drive to Pokhara