Sunday, September 28, 2014

My First Book Series review by June of the Moon

 

My First Book Series
by June of the Moon
 
 
 These books are a great teaching tool for both my six month old and my three year old.


Currently our boys are eight, three, and six months old. It can be tricky trying to find activities they all can participate in or will happily observe. They are all at such different stages in their young lives, so for most activities someone gets the short end of the stick. One activity we can all do together and one of my favorite pastimes is reading. No big secret there. I have been a bookworm since birth, maybe even before that.

As a family we have fallen off the reading wagon in recent months. A spirited two (now three) year old, the third trimester (and now baby), and the eight year old who pretends he hates reading caused us to throw in the towel. Our nightly reading routine became arduous and miserable for everyone involved so we stopped. I didn't realize until I came out of my 6+ month sleepless haze that I miss that time together dearly. It used to be my favorite time with the boys, snuggled in bed, breathing each other in and letting go of the days stresses. It always spurs on interesting conversations that we wouldn't otherwise have had.

When Sophie sent me a copies of her My First Book Series a light bulb went off in my head: even though they are geared towards Judah, we can all enjoy them together. While Noah was at school, the little boys and I sat on the bed and read together. The simple shapes in the book allowed Ezra to read to Judah and even spurred a little "Twinkle, Twinkle" singing by my sweet middle child. Judah loved touching and manipulating the books and was drawn in by the bright colors and stark contrasts.
These books are a great teaching
tool for both my six month old and my three year old.

Sophie is an inspiring woman and I can't wait to see what else she accomplishes over the next few years. I know I will definitely be picking up any future books she publishes. 




 

 

MY FIRST BOOK series:
My First Book series is a recipient of the prestigious Mom’s Choice Award, Purple Dragonfly​ Awards, NAPPA Awards​ and ​Creative Child Magazine BOOK OF THE YEAR 2014 for Babies & Toddlers category.  www.nurserybooks.net

Book currently sell individually for just $5.99 on Amazon!

No comments:

Post a Comment