Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sophie's 5 New Climbing Route Published in the American Alpine Journal

It is with great honor that I inform you that my 5 new climbing routes (mentioned below) had been published in the new edition of the prestigious American Alpine Journal.


In 2010, my partner and I've opened 3 new climbing routes (level MD+) in the Andean Central Range in June and 2 new climbing routes (level MD+) in the Andean White Range in July. In 2010, my partner and I've opened 3 new climbing routes (level MD+) in the Andean Central Range in June and 2 new climbing routes (level MD+) in the Andean White Range in July.
Icing on the cream, I've realized 4 first woman mountain summits.

Why did I call my new climbing route as follow:
- Huantsan West Summit: " Les Trois Mousquetaire"
Because our climb success is the result of a great team work.
The Three Musketeers who live by the motto "all for one, one for all" ("tous pour un, un pour tous")
 - Huantsan North Summit : "Illusion"
Because climbing that face was full of surprises (mainly bad surprises) and it was nothing close of what we were expecting

- North Face of Suiricocha : "Everything Is Possible"
Everything Is Possible is my motto. It is what drive my life and allow me to go beyond my comfort zone

- West Face of Manon Dos: "Beyond Survivor"
In honor to the cancer survivors

- West Face of Vicunita : "Sacred Ayahuasca"
In honor to the Inca culture

read more : http://followtheclimb.blogspot.com/search/label/Peru%20Peak%202010

American Alpine Journal
From Wikipedia

The American Alpine Journal is an annual magazine published by the American Alpine Club. Its mission is "to document and communicate mountain exploration."

Subtitled as a compilation of "The World's Most Significant Climbs," the magazine contains feature stories about notable new routes and ascents, written by the climbers, as well as a large "Climbs and Expeditions" section containing short notes by climbers about new and noteworthy achievements.

No comments:

Post a Comment